The Topshop Personal Shopper Experience

Tuesday 30 December 2014

I had no idea that Topshop ran a personal shopping service until one of my friends said she did it for her birthday. She came back with the most gorgeeeeous clothes, so I booked myself an appointment last year and again this year, as I was so impressed with it! The best thing - it's completely free and they but zero pressure on you to buy anything! 

Before I went for the first time, I couldn't find many posts about what it's like as I was quite curious and I am one of these people that googles everything before I go to it! One of those tripadvisor enthusiasts - you know the type! So I thought I'd share my experience with you and a few cringey shots of me attempting to pose in some of what I tried on.



I booked my appointment via the Topshop website - link here. They offer lots of different appointment types, tailored to what you're looking for. I went for the 'spoil me birthday booking' at the Liverpool branch.

They then send you an email with a form to fill out, including your size, hair colour, favourite style icons and a general comment bit to describe what it is you like. The more detail you put, the better! 


When I arrived at my appointment I waited for a few minutes in this very stylish waiting room. There were chocolate cupcakes on the table and bottles of water for us to help ourselves to. It does make you feel very special having your own space, away from the hustle and bustle of the shop floor! I went just before Christmas, so the shop was extra manic! 


After a few minutes waiting, my personal shopper, Emily, introduced herself to me and brought me to my own changing room, where there was a rail full of beautiful clothes she'd picked out for me. She talked me through all the pieces, what would go with what and how best to wear everything. She gave such good advice! 




I  have to admit, there were a few items I wasn't so sure about, but actually when I tried them on I loved them! That's one of the things I love about the personal shopping service, you try things on you never would have dreamed of picking up! I learnt alot about what best suits my shape and about new and upcoming trends.




The appointments are supposed to last an hour, but I got a little carried away and ended up taking twice as long! Emily was great though! She hung about the whole time and was there to comment on my outfits and suggest other things! If you go to the Liverpool branch, I highly recommend asking for her :) 

It did take me a little while to decide what to buy as I loved so much of it, but had a budget to stick to (may have gone slightly over it...) I've worn my new clothes so much already! I haven't actually got photos of the stuff I bought, although I did buy that grey roll neck jumper pictured above. 

If any of you have ever had the personal shopping experience, I'd love to hear about it in the comments below or if you have a blog post about it- even better!!

p.s. I now have a facebook page which you can find here


16 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun, Emma! I never even knew it existed but now I'm so tempted to have a go- shame my birthday isn't till summer! I love the jacket you have on in the second picture, and you look lovely in the grey jumper :D

    Rita xx
    Number394.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Just save up and go any time of year! It's great for a wardobe revamps or if you want to choose an outfit for a special occasion!! xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard a few things about the Topshop personal shopping experience lately and I'd love to give it a go! I'm really surprised it's free too! May have to save up some money so I can go and treat myself to a few new things! :) x

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun trying everything on :)! Definitely recommend! xx

      Delete
  3. Ive heard lots about this service, it seems amazing!! Although I am VERY fussy with clothes so I'm not sure I'd be a huge fan!? Worth a try though!!

    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The important bit is to tell them as much as you can about the type of clothes you do like and they usually do a great job! There were some pieces I wasn't so keen on but there's that much to try on that you're bound to find something :) and if not then it's free anyway and you still get a cupcake out of it haha!! xx

      Delete
  4. What a cool experience! Now if I could get just a brick 'n mortar Topshop here in Kansas City, I could take advantage of this! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun! It'd be a good way to step out of your comfort zone and try new clothes, I'm so tempted :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. the personal shopping experience at Topshop sounds really great. Good way to get out of your comfort zone and try new things too! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk | Check out my 100 follower GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so fun! I'd love to go! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had a Topshop here in Germany, so that I could
    also enjoy such a cool personal shopping experience. It sounds so amazing.
    And I love the outfit with the denim jacket on you - it's so nice to have someone who shows
    you stuff you might have never considered to wear. :)
    Ooh and I love Liverpool - I've only been there once, but I need to go back. ;)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so fantastic and those cupcakes look gorgeous :) It sounds like such a fun thing to do, I'd be scared I wouldn't be able to control myself and buy everything hehe!
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this sounds like such a good idea, I can be such a nightmare with picking clothes out for myself, so this is probably a good idea for me! Fab outfits lovely!

    Chloe x

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a good idea and it sounds fantastic. I'm always too picky with clothes, so getting a new perspective would help me out loads x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds amazing! I wouldn't have even thought about personal shopping, but I'll definitely give this a try! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the topshop personal shopping experience !! I agree with you - they always pick out things which look a bit odd on the hanger but then look fab on !
    Www.marley-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric